The complexity of numerous software solutions and different processes makes day-to-day work increasingly difficult. As a result, it gets harder and harder for employees to focus on their core tasks – which in turn demotivates and increases dissatisfaction, even to the point of burnout.
Digital assistants can help alleviate these effects. To do that they offer different functions. The functionalities of digital assistants are diverse and will continue to expand in the future – especially compared to traditional chatbots, the range of functions is enormous. A selection of possible functionalities of digital assistants is listed below.
1. Interaction and communication with digital assistants
Interaction and communication with digital assistants is direct, fast and straightforward for the end user; complicated menu and navigation structures are not necessary anymore. This is made possible, among others, by the following functionalities:
- Natural vocal interactions through voice control and voice output.
- Answer and ask questions in different contexts, for example: budget inquiry or remaining vacation days.
- Proactive notifications (push notifications) on certain events, such as a budget underflow or overrun.
2. Data handling by digital assistants
Data handling by digital assistants is structured, standardized and easy to understand; long searches and complicated data query algorithms are no longer necessary. This is partly guaranteed by the following features:
- Recognizing information and data using natural language recognition and classify, collect, deploy, aggregate and process classifications.
- Provision of reference works or knowledge databases via question and answer service.
- Manage To-Do-Lists, Appointments and Reminders.
3. Automations with the help of digital assistants
The automation of processes and tasks for the end user can be simplified, traceable and made possible at any time with the help of digital assistants; development of automation and the need for programming skills of the end user are not relevant. For example, this can be done as follows:
- Doing (partially) automated tasks, e.g. ordering parts, goods and services.
- Carrying out and receiving telephone calls and possibly simultaneous logging.
- Send and receive messages via email, messenger, chat or other.
4. Networking via digital assistants
The networking of systems, software solutions and machines in the context of Industry 4.0 is fast, easy to understand and possible at any time through the use of digital assistants. Complex and powerful software solutions are not necessary. Digital assistants achieve this, among others, with the following advantages:
- Networking of software solutions to harmonize the data management between different, decentralized “data pots”.
- Networking of smartphones, tablets, notebooks, PCs, smartwatches to avoid media breaks.
- Networking machines and equipment by reporting disruptions and necessary actions.
5. Other functionalities of digital assistants
Digital assistants provide further features, which can help users in other situations. These features include
- Providing a translator by translating languages and texts in real time
- Make suggestions or propose alternatives when making necessary decisions based on data, information and behavior.
- Manage reminders, alerts, and tickets as a central hub or orchestrator.
The digital assistant “Neo” for professional context
With our AI assistant Neo and the Neo Enterprise Assistant Platform, all of the functionalities described in this article can be harnessed to businesses and employees. If you also want to work with Neo, we look forward to your inquiry.